Request for references - SAR performance utility

Malaclypse the Elder dwc at homxc.ATT.COM
Sat Jan 28 10:15:10 AEST 1989

In article <648 at sactoh0.UUCP>, fbinlow at sactoh0.UUCP (Frank B. Inlow) writes:
> Can anyone refer me to published material which gives more than
> general information on practical use of SAR for computer system
> analysis?  For example, as input to a queueing network model.

look for papers by g. rammamurthy in past usenix proceedings.
he has developed queueing models for various aspects of
unix system v performance using data from SAR.  or you can
reach him via e-mail at: att!hocus!mgr.

if you want references on how SAR and process accounting was
used to drive an "expert system" system v tuner, contact
behrohk samadi at: att!hocus!bes.

danny
att!homxc!dwc