a word-processor for UNIX

John Lacey lacey at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Tue Jul 25 12:54:15 AEST 1989

In article <26629 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU> ked at garnet.berkeley.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) writes:
>In article <1552 at garcon.cso.uiuc.edu> mcclaren at herodotus.cs.uiuc.edu.UUCP (Tim McClarren) writes:
>>In article <8467 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> lacey at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (John Lacey) writes:
>
>>But then why is it that more and more I pick up a book, flip through a couple
>>of pages, and lo & behold, there it is right alongside the copyright and
>>Lib. of Congress info -- "This book written and typeset with a Macintosh II
>>and Microsoft Word" or some such?  I dunno...maybe I read too much popular
>>lit./media, but I've not seen a whole lot of "This book written under vi, and
>>typeset with LaTeX/*roff on Bob & Jim's UNIX(c) box."

Three times in one day is too much.  Would everybody please be careful
when they hit F and edit the quotes.  I mean, hell, Earl, I was already
misquoted as saying something _you_ said, and now you are misquoting
me.  If you want to reply to the original posting, please find the
original message and reply to that, and not edit the replies to the
original.

I apologize if I am a little testy, but hey, I accept responsibility
for what I say, but not what I don't, and certainly not for what I have
publicly disagreed with.

Cheers, all, and careful with editing those follow-ups.

--
John Lacey                      |     cornell!batcomputer!lacey
lacey at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu    |     lacey at crnlthry.bitnet