IEE488/VME/Unix

Michael Baumann baumann at muon.uucp
Fri Jul 21 01:41:12 AEST 1989

In article <357 at tropix.UUCP> twb at tropix.UUCP (Thomas W. Banister) writes:

 " I have been working on implementing IEEE488 (GPIB) communications on a VME
based computer running Unix SysV. There does not *seem* to be commercially
available boards *and* drivers for this system. I would greatly appreciate
hearing about any successful implementation of IEEE488 communications on a
similiar system. "

Check with National Instruments, 12109 Technology Blvd, Austin Texas, 78727
(512)250-9119. You may want to look at their GPIB-1014 or GPIB-1014P
with drivers. The 1014 allows DMA, the 1014P is programmed I/O. I do not
know if this will work under SysV. We wrote our own drivers to operate with
VxWorks.

Michael Baumann