IEE488/VME/Unix

Brian H. Powell brian at natinst.com
Thu Jul 20 23:36:00 AEST 1989

In article <357 at tropix.UUCP>, twb at tropix.UUCP (Thomas W. Banister) writes:
>   I have been working on implementing IEEE488 (GPIB) communications on a VME
> based computer running Unix SysV. There does not *seem* to be commercially
> available boards *and* drivers for this system. I would greatly appreciate
> hearing about any successful implementation of IEEE488 communications on a
> similiar system.
} 					Tom Banister
} 					...!rochester!tropix!coconut!twb
} 					(716) 377-3200

     Uhh.  What kind of system are you using?
     National Instruments makes a 1014 (VME) to 488 (GPIB) board.  (We call it
"the 1014 board".)  We've got a variety of drivers for various systems, but
without knowing what kind of system you have, I can't say whether we have
drivers for it.
     There are two versions of the board, a DMA version and a Programmed I/O
version.

Brian H. Powell					National Instruments Corp.
	brian at natinst.com			12109 Technology Blvd.
	uunet!cs.utexas.edu!natinst!brian	Austin, Texas 78727-6204
	AppleLink:NATINST			(512) 250-9119