IEE488/VME/Unix

Lee Ziegenhals lcz at dptudg.sat.datapoint.com
Thu Jul 20 04:14:02 AEST 1989

twb at tropix.UUCP (Thomas W. Banister) writes:

>  I have been working on implementing IEEE488 (GPIB) communications on a VME
>based computer running Unix SysV. There does not *seem* to be commercially
>available boards *and* drivers for this system. I would greatly appreciate
>hearing about any successful implementation of IEEE488 communications on a
>similiar system.

Motorola has a IEEE488 VME module, the MVME300.  They show it as being
supported by VERSAdos and System V/68.

I have no personal experience with this board, and I do not see a driver
specifically for it in my release of System V/68.  Perhaps it comes with
its own drivers?

For more information, you may want to call Motorola's Microcomputer Division.
Their phone number is 1-800-556-1234 x230.