Is this a ksh bug?

Daniel R. Levy levy at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Sat Jul 22 14:18:56 AEST 1989

In article <9648 at alice.UUCP>, debra at alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra) writes:
< }1. make a subdirectory of the current directory that contains a colon in it:
< }    "mkdir c:"
< }2. cd to that directory: "cd c:" Current directory is now /usr/me/c:
< }3. make a subdirectory of the current directory: "mkdir xyz"
< }4. cd to that directory: "cd xyz"
< }you should get: "ksh: xyz not found"
< Yep, happens here too.
< My machine is a Microvax II running the ninth edition Unix.
< The ksh was taken from "alice" and is dated February 29, 1989.

I was one of the beta testers for the '88 ksh, and to the best of my memory,
this bug is in the 11/16/88 ksh, but not in the 11/16/88a ksh or earlier '86
ksh.  To see what version of ksh you have, type

	EDITOR=emacs

then type control-V.  AT&T employees can get the 88a ksh source from Korn.
--
Daniel R. Levy             UNIX(R) mail:  att!ttbcad!levy, att!cbnewsc!levy
AT&T Bell Laboratories