System V (3B2), CAP, Streams

Larry Philps larry at hcr.UUCP
Fri Jul 14 23:05:21 AEST 1989

In article <20228 at adm.BRL.MIL> RSILVERMAN at eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>	I am trying to get CAP running on an AT&T 3B2 running System V R3.1.
>With some minor modifications, all the libraries compiled just fine.  When
>building the sample programs, however, I have a problem.  lwpr.c compiles
>with no problem, but when I attempt to link it, the Streams system calls
>getmsg, putmsg and sigset are not found.
>main ()
>{
>	getmsg();
>}
>
>and compile it with "cc test.c -lnsl_s", I get the same problem: getmsg is
>not found.

Putmsg, getmsg and sigset are system calls under SYSV R3.  So, they will be
resolved by the system call stubs in libc.a.  They should not be defined in
the nsl_s library, only called from there.

Have you modified libc lately?  Why not try restoring libc and friends from
the original distribution then try it again.  Don't forget there are shared
library versions also.

Larry Philps                             HCR Corporation
130 Bloor St. West, 10th floor           Toronto, Ontario.  M5S 1N5
(416) 922-1937                           {utzoo,utcsri,uunet}!hcr!larry