Is there any wordprocessor in unix

Gregory Gulik gaggy at jolnet.ORPK.IL.US
Sat Jul 15 15:45:05 AEST 1989

All this discussion about Wordperfect and [nt]roff is just fine and
dandy, but I think the original question wasn't completely answered.
And, if it was, let me rephrase it... Are there any word processors
for UNIX that are BOTH user friendly AND *cheap*?

There are two main problems with nroff and WP.

nroff:	Hard to use.  Yeah, I know, a pro can whip out a document in
	a matter of seconds.  I've heard that one a million times.
	But, let's say you would like to do something not very common,
	would you prefer to dig through your thick UNIX manuals,
	or traverse a couple menus to find what you want?

WP:	EXPENSIVE!  Yes, maybe a company CAN afford to buy it for
	every one of it's users, but there are poor UNIX people
	out in the real world.  Yes, us students dont' exactly have
	$1000+ to shell out for the program.  (Hey, the PC version
	is still pretty expensive)

But, enough said, let's return to this wonderful discussion!

-greg

--
Gregory A. Gulik	Phone:	(312) 825-2435
8145 Root Court		E-Mail: ...!jolnet!gaggy || ...!chinet!gag
Niles, IL 60648			|| gulik at depaul.edu || gulik at iwlcs.att.com
"Legalize Assasinations!"