vi editor enhancement request

Charleen Bunjiovianna charleen at cinnamon.ADS.COM
Thu Nov 16 13:33:16 AEST 1989

I can't take this any more.  Is this guy for real?

In article <20668 at unix.cis.pitt.edu> yahoo at unix.cis.pitt.edu (Kenneth L Moore) writes:
>In article <5530 at ethz-inf.UUCP> wyle at ethz.UUCP (Mitchell Wyle) writes:
>>In article <456 at tron.UUCP> wali at tron.UUCP (Saleem Wali) writes:
>==>==> (vi editor) Is there anyone who knows of a utility which
>==>==> allows "vi" to
>==>==>**   Westinghouse Electric Corp.   *    New on the job
>==>
>==>-Mitch (vi fanatic) Wyle
>
>You two might want to think about switching to emacs.
>[...]
>The big deal though is that emacs is "universal".

Like hell it is.  Not only are there significant differences in
commands from version to version, but some sites don't even have
emacs installed because they can't afford the overhead.

Charleen

I put some instant coffee in a microwave and almost went back in time.
                                 -- Steven Wright