Need to make "less" do a particular thing "right"

Phil Howard KA9WGN phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 21 08:04:27 AEST 1991

pfalstad at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Paul Falstad) writes:

>man less reveals that...

>man lesskey reveals that...

I want to make the "less" command NOT switch over to the alterate screen.
This is so that when I press "q" to quit from less, it will NOT switch
back to the primary screen on me.  I want to have the data I am looking
at in less be left on the screen, my shell prompt come up, and let me
type my next command while still looking at what less was showing me.

I did RTFM and could not find this.
--

--Phil Howard, KA9WGN-- | Individual CHOICE is fundamental to a free society
<phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> | no matter what the particular issue is all about.