Can't log in right on console to accounts in CAPS.

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Mon May 20 04:52:49 AEST 1991

>Or, do a 'stty -lcase'.  This is standard Unix "you just gota know" trivia.
>I have yet to find this option in *ANY* man page.

Apparently you're unlucky, then.  From the SunOS 4.0.3 man page:

  Combination Modes

     [-]lcase    Set xcase, iuclc, and olcuc.  With a `-',  unset
                 them.

     [-]LCASE    Same as lcase (-lcase).

Similar things occur in the 4.3-tahoe man page:

	lcase	map upper case to lower case

	-lcase	do not map case

and in just about every *other* UNIX "stty" man page I've seen.