Help for pic/grep on SunOS 4.X.X

KX10LYC0%TWNITRI1.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu KX10LYC0%TWNITRI1.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Fri May 24 12:05:09 AEST 1991

Hello:

     I am a Sun SPARCstaion 1+, 2, IPC user, and do my document on the
machines by using -troff-.

     There is one problem which troubled me so much. That is:

     I CAN'T FIND THE ---pic---, ---grep---, etc. ON SUN OS 4.*.*
     ENVIRONMENT.

     In Sun OS 4.*.*, you can only find the troff/nroff, tbl, eqn, and some
macros for processing text. But Sun does not ship the tools for gerenating the
picture/graph which UNIX System V does.

     Without the -pic- -grep- help, it will be a very hard work for inserting
the picture in your document even the picture is a very simple graph.

     So if you know how to solve this problem or how to get the -pic- -grep-
tools, please let me know. Your kindly answer will be highly appreciated!!!

     Thanks!

David Y.C. Lin            Bitnet: KX10LYC0 at TWNITRI1
                          Internet: KX10LYC0%TWNITRI1.Bitnet at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
                          TEL: 886-35-917336
                          FAX: 886-35-917503