DTR program

L. Hirschbiegel lothar at tmcsys.UUCP
Thu May 16 08:53:10 AEST 1991

In article <GVXQ4LC at geminix.in-berlin.de> gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) writes:
>lh at aega84.UUCP (L. Hirschbiegel) writes:
>
>>In article <XKTQY0O at geminix.in-berlin.de> gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) writes:
>>>
>Yes, but a computer is usually a DTE, and therefore DTR is an output.
>On a DCE (a modem, for instance), DTR is of course an input.
>
>     Uwe
>--

This is amazing. "A computer" isn't necessarily a DTE, not even in the
PC world you refer to (I guess).
I've checked all dumb and intelligent cards that I have access to:
- "dumb" serial PC card is DTE (but in most cases nowadays changable to
  DCE by jumpers)
- ACE is wired as DCE
- Chase AT4 is wired as DCE
- Specialix 8 port is wired as DCE

By the way: my modem is wired as DTE (bad world, isn't it ? :-)

Lothar