Can't log in right on console to accounts in CAPS.

Mitch_C._Amiano.Henr801h at xerox.com Mitch_C._Amiano.Henr801h at xerox.com
Mon May 13 23:23:43 AEST 1991

>I created special accounts (all in CAPS). [on a sun sparcstation II running
>SunOS 4.1.1 (B?).  There is no password to these accounts
> [other stuff]
>Logging in via the console converts everything it prints to CAPS, does
>unexpected things (doesn't change directories right via the passwd file) and
>prints lots of characters with a backslash in front of them.
>[some more stuff]

I can't say if Sun0S has the capability, but under SCO-Unix/Xenix you could use
the command 'stty -lcase' to fix a login session which had gone into the
uppercase-only state. I used it to allow some VERY unskilled users to log in to
a point of sale system with both upper and lower case versions of the account
name. If SunOS doesn't have that flag, perhaps the capability is buried
somehwhere else.