Can't log in right on console to accounts in CAPS.

Kenneth Ng ken at sugra.uucp
Tue May 14 07:12:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991May12.214724.18394 at chinet.chi.il.us>, les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
: In article <26859 at adm.brl.mil> leisner.henr801c at xerox.com writes:
: >Logging in via the console converts everything it prints to CAPS, does
: >unexpected things (doesn't change directories right via the passwd file) and
: >prints lots of characters with a backslash in front of them.
: Others have explained why this happens, but I don't think that anyone
: mentioned that you can fix it after the fact with appropriate incantations
: to stty.  Under sysV, putting "stty -iuclc -olcuc -xcase" in your .profile

Or, do a 'stty -lcase'.  This is standard Unix "you just gota know" trivia.
I have yet to find this option in *ANY* man page.

--
Kenneth Ng
Please reply to ken at hertz.njit.edu until this machine properly recieves mail.