Development Package?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Oct 25 10:12:27 AEST 1990

In article <285 at srchtec.UUCP> mra at srchtec.UUCP (Michael Almond) writes:
>	I think we could come up with the header files, the STD C ones are
>probably in the public domain.  Over a preiod of time we could accumulate the
>IFDEF for system differences.

The problem with this is the system dependent include files
(in /usr/include/sys).  To reproduce them we would have to have
access to the source (the ones in the development package).  Any
re-entering of the same data would probably constitute a violation
of the copyright on them.

>	I guess the only problem would be the libraries.  Write this code
>could take some time.  However, someone did come up with the lib's for
>g++.  Any ideas?

Again, the problem (other than time and effort) would be the system
calls.  We could probably gleam this stuff with some close analysis
of the kernel (to avoid any copyright stuff).
                                                Sterling, VA 22170