4 Port Serial Boards

Jeffrey K. Johnson/65536 jeff at marichal.austin.ibm.com
Tue Oct 16 03:04:16 AEST 1990

In <1990Oct15.005916.21858 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

>If one of these 4-port boards is installed in a 386, can the existing
>two serial ports (on a generic i/o card) remain installed, giving a
>total of 6 ports (plus retaining the parallel port on that card)?

Yes.  I have an AST-Four Port/DOS and a DFI 2s/1p/1g I/O card installed.  I
just set the 4port to its alternate address and left the 2 DFI serial
ports at their defaults.  I installed FAS for the 4port and left the two
other using the ASY driver.  I will eventually switch them to FAS.

Everything works fine.
--
Jeff Johnson			10926 Jollyville Rd #1420
Computer Consultant		Austin, TX  78759  (512) 343 0675