4 Port Serial Boards

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.uucp
Sun Oct 7 10:12:33 AEST 1990

paul at sdgsun.uucp (Paul Emerson) writes:

>I would like to run the FAS driver on a four port card.  Does anyone have
>a source for an inexpensive four port card that:

> 1) Allows all ports to use a single interrupt
> 2) Uses 16550 UARTS or has socketed 16450
> 3) Uses DB-25 connectors
> 4) Priced at $300 or less

here is a message that someone posted a couple of months ago:

Several people have asked where to get cheap 4 port asynch boards.  The only
one I have found is the MU-440 made by DFI and which is a knock off of
the AST 4 port serial board.  I have not seen any AST 4 port boards
advertised for several years now.  This board allows you to set the
interrupts so that all 4 ports will generate an interrupt on the same
line.  There are other setups allowed also.

Anyway, the board is available from:

	Microline Computers
	46757 Fremont Blvd
	Fremont, CA 94538
	(415) 770-1900

My most recent information is from a dealer price list and for quantity
2 to 10 the price is $115.00.  A 1 year older retail price list from the
same group had a price of $169.00.

 {larry at nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar!larry at ndmath.math.nd.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)