Getting smail with ISC 2.2 to work

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Fri Oct 26 02:05:01 AEST 1990

In article <32 at opel.COM> johnk at opel.COM (John Kennedy) writes:
>In article <289 at cadlab.sublink.ORG> staff at cadlab.sublink.ORG (staff) writes:
>[discussion of sendmail-under-ISC problems deleted]

>Has anyone actually got this combination to work under ISC 2.2?  Maybe
>we could use some clues.

Forget it, and get smail 3.14 from uunet (or your friendly archive site).

Toss in a couple of (user readable) config files patched from the (quite
complete) examples provided, and go. Took me maybe two days from
download to fully operational status, including keeping up with other
work. smail3 is a BREEZE compared to sendmail. I can't say enough
good things about it.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)