Getting smail with ISC 2.2 to work

Michael Richardson michael at fts1.uucp
Mon Oct 29 12:00:27 AEST 1990

In article <32 at opel.COM> johnk at opel.COM (John Kennedy) writes:
>I had given up on getting smail from ISC or smail 2.5 from uunet to
>work with smartmail.  It's encouraging to see so many other failures :-).

   I have been running smail 2.5 with ISC 2.0.2 sendmail for quite some
time now. We still haven't upgraded to 2.2.

>I seem to remember my problem being one of recursively invoking the
>remote mailer, with local mail never landing.

  Make sure that /bin/lmail gets invoked with an argv[0] of lmail, rather
than mail. If it detects that it is 'mail' then it assumes you are sending
it and feed the message back into /usr/lib/sendmail.

--
   :!mcr!:            |    The postmaster never          |  So much mail,
   Michael Richardson |            resolves twice.       |  so few cycles.