SCO UNIX 3.2.0 + DEVSYS + TCP/IP RTS (X Windows & TLI???)

A J Annala annala at neuro.usc.edu
Sat Oct 27 14:47:14 AEST 1990

After spending an enomous amount of money buying SCO UNIX modules
I was disappointed to learn that we have to buy yet more software
to even think about compiling the X Window System.  It seems that
the TCP/IP BSD socket library is required to provide an interface
for remote system protocol transport.  I am curious about whether
it is possible to compile X Window System using the TLI library?
As an alternative, is it possible to simply forget about remote
system access to develop Xlib applications wholly within a single
processor environment relying solely on IPC for transport.

Thanks, AJ