4 Port Serial Boards

Ralph Engwall engwall at mtha.usc.edu
Tue Oct 9 17:41:25 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct5.213445.6176 at sdgsun.uucp> paul at sdgsun.uucp (Paul Emerson) writes:

>I would like to run the FAS driver on a four port card.  Does anyone have
>a source for an inexpensive four port card that:
>
> 1) Allows all ports to use a single interrupt
> 2) Uses 16550 UARTS or has socketed 16450
> 3) Uses DB-25 connectors
> 4) Priced at $300 or less

  A short while back there was some talk here about a dumb 4 port
serial board called a MU-440 made by DFI.  I think this board is
supposed to be a clone of the AST 4 port/AT plus.  I remember seeing
this board for sale at a computer swap meet for about US$100.  I've
also seen a 386 Sys V driver for this thing at an ftp site, but I don't
have that info with me now.  I don't know if the board has socketed URATS.
I haven't used this board myself, but I'd like to hear from anybody that
has.