replacing SCO mmdf mail

Eric S. Deese esd at liebert.uucp
Fri Oct 19 01:51:25 AEST 1990

I am attempting to completely replace the SCO mmdf mail
that comes with SCO UNIX and SCO ODT.  I have obtained
smail 2.5 and compiled everything.  Unfortunately, it
still wants to use the existing mail as the local mailer.
I want to replace the local mailer also, as it is not
delivering the mail properly.  What am I looking for?
Is sendmail what I need or what do I need to replace
my local mailer?  Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric Deese  {sco|osu-cis}!liebert!esd  Liebert Corp  614-841-5508