Saber-C for 386 unix

Checkpoint Technologies ckp at grebyn.com
Mon Apr 8 23:40:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr7.002207.11554 at emisle.uucp> emisle!dvb writes:
>I have recently had the opportunity to use a product called Saber-C, on a MIPS
>workstation (DEC 3100). This is a tremendous product. It combines dbx-style
>debugging with a better debugging engine and quick re-making, re-linking
>and testing. The debugger provides a tremendous level of checking, warnings
>about subtle bugs, and is the best c-development system for unix I have ever
>seen. Does anyone know if this product is available on 386-unix, or if there
>is some similar product for that platform. ISC or SCO preferred.

Some years ago I asked Saber about doing a 386 Unix version.  They stated
that the 386 was too slow; they said they had a VAXstation version,
using the MicroVAX II chip, and it was far too slow, so they vowed never
to do it on another slow platform again.

Since I spoke to them, the 486 has been released.  I wonder if they'd
reconsider now.

If not, I'd really be interested in an alternative.
--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                ckp at grebyn.com      \\ / /