Having problems with zmodem on ESIX SysV 3.2 Rev D

Tim Pozar pozar at kumr.lns.com
Sat Apr 13 07:14:54 AEST 1991

In article <10339 at pitt.UUCP> sean at hpb.cis.pitt.edu (Sean Owens) writes:
>I've been having probems transferring files from a SPARCstation
>to an i386 Esix box using the sz/rz zmodem file transfer programs.
>It streams for a while, then stops streaming, then eventually chokes and
>dies, logging me off from the ESIX box.

    If the Sparcstation has a modem that has a buffer and the hand
shakeing isn't setup properly, you will need to reduce the Zmodem
window size to smaller than the buffer.  (I have found that systems
with trailblazers may have this problem.)  You can experiment with
the window size by using the '-w<n>' switch.  'n' will be something
like 512 or 1024, etc.  With trailblazers I use -w2048.

         Tim

--
       pozar at lns.com  Fido: 1:125/555  PaBell: 415-788-3904
    USNail:  KKSF-FM / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108