HELP, Ethernet installation failure on SCO Unix

W. Paul Zola paulz at sco.COM
Sat Apr 13 07:58:22 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr5.133123.11868 at ugle.unit.no> knutta at lise.unit.no (Knut Alfredsen) writes:
}I am trying to install a Western Digital ethernet card under SCO Unix, but the
}thing will not work properly. When the kernel is relinked after the installation
}, I get an error message:
}
}/./etc/conf/pack.d/kernel/space.c, line 310 unknown size
}ERROR: space.c will not compile properly
}
[deleted]

The following article from the SCO Information Tools database should help
with your problem.   I'm posting because I think this may be of general
interest.

################## cut here ################ cut here ##################

I installed the UFE diskette and now cannot relink my kernel.

RELEASE:   Open Desktop Release 1.0 with UFE

PROBLEM:   I have installed the UFE disk and now I am unable to
           relink my kernel.  The link fails with the message:

           /./etc/conf/pack.d/kernel/space.c , line 310: unknown size
           Error: /./etc/conf/pack.d/kernel/space.c will not compile
           properly.

           Line 310 of the file space.c reads "struct stseldata
           selstreams[NSTREAM]."

SOLUTION:  This problem occurs because an out of date header file for
           streams has been installed.  To correct the problem, use
           the following commands to extract the correct streams file
	   from the UFE disk that is labeled volume 2:

              cd /
              tar xvf /dev/rfd096ds15 ./tmp/386GT/include/sys/streams.h
              cd /tmp/386GT/include/sys
              cp streams.h /usr/include/sys/streams.h
              cd /tmp
              rm -rf 386GT

            Linking of the kernel will now complete without error.

I hope this helps you with your problem.

-
Paul Zola			Software Support Engineer
				paulz at sco.COM
Gotta tend the earth if you want a rose.  - Emily Saliers
    DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself, and not for SCO.