Emacs 18.57, ISC 2.2.1, continued...

Kayvan Sylvan kayvan at satyr.UUCP
Sat Apr 13 08:50:39 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr11.191131.27136 at aai.com> leo at aai.com writes:

   Has anyone solved these problems?  Are they specific to ISC, or do you see
   the same thing on SCO, ESIX, and Microport?

I saw and fixed these problems in ESIX a while back.

The problem is that the Emacs select() function is not enough of a
select() emulation to work right for X windows (also, at least in
ESIX's case, the system supplied select() has some problems with pipes
and ptys). Adding the following to config.h solved this problem:

#define select emacs_select

And *don't* define HAVE_SELECT. You also need to make sure that
BROKEN_TIOCGETC and BROKEN_FIONREAD are defined (at least in ESIX's
case). Experiment with these and let me know.

			---Kayvan

--
| Kayvan Sylvan          Consulting/Training              879 Lewiston Drive |
| Sylvan Associates      Unix and Mac Programming         San Jose, CA 95136 |