No, nobody is left-handed (update on mouse silliness)

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Tue Apr 9 05:47:05 AEST 1991

The topic of asymmetric Logitech mice came up in comp.unix.sysv386 a
while back.  I noted that the Trackman would have been a great idea,
except that it was utterly right-handed, and didn't come in a left-
handed model.  Someone else had noted that the newest Logitech mouse
(Mouseman, which replaces(?) the old C9) is asymmetric, but is avail-
able in left- or right-handed versions.

I lauded this as at least a partial awakening on Logitech's part.  Un-
fortunately, it may not mean much.  Poking around in stores, I find the
left-handed mouse essentially nonexistent.  Yesterday I noticed a display
with some 50 of these mice--ALL right-handed models.

What gives?  Are the stores too stupid to order both models?  Do they only
order a token quantity which immediately sells out?  Or is Logitech not
making/distributing sensible quantities?

Ergonomic design which is openly antagonistic toward 10% of the population
is not ergonomic design.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been.