SCSI tape on 2nd ctlr under ISC 2.0.2

Tim Wright tim at dell.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 18:14:15 AEST 1991

I'm trying to set up a SCSI tape drive under ISC 2.0.2. On a system with
a primary SCSI controller (Adaptec), this is no problem. However I have a
system where the primary controller is an ESDI. There is an Adaptec as a
secondary with a (working) hard-disk hanging off it. However, no way can I
get it to recognise the SCSI tape. Is this a known bug in 2.0.2 or is there
some magic which needs to be done (i.e. does the driver only support tape
drives on a primary SCSI ?).

Tim

Tim Wright, Dell Computer Corp., Bracknell    |  Domain: tim at dell.co.uk
Berkshire, UK, RG12 1RW. Tel: +44-344-860456  |  Uucp: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast - Red Dwarf