ISC cc optimizer options

Pat Myrto pat at rwing.UUCP
Thu Apr 4 21:00:21 AEST 1991

Help!!

I have tried in vain to find the information on what the command line
options for the optimizer of the ISC SDS compiler are, and what their
effects are.  I think the compiler is the AT&T compiler - the one that
has traditionally been associated with the UNIX development packages.

Does anybody know these option flags, and their effects, or know where
one can get such information, and would share the info?

There are NO docs describing the options and their effects included
with the SDS, just a reference on how one gives options on the cc
command line that get passed onto a particular compiling stage.
Inspecting /lib/optim with strings suggests that one can control
inlining, and a bunch of other aspects of optimization, but apparantly
it doesn't use getopt, as there is no string of option characters.

I suspect that quite a few folks would like to know how to control the
optimizer, so as to have a choice somewhere between full and no
optimization, in such cases where the -O flag to cc causes some piece
of code to break.

Thanks for any information that anyone might have and share...
--
pat at rwing                                       (Pat Myrto),  Seattle, WA
                            ...!uunet!pilchuck!rwing!pat