Question on 150 / 500 MB SCSI tape drives.

Studenten Vereniging Stack rcstack at rwa.urc.tue.nl
Fri Apr 12 18:44:04 AEST 1991

I'm running Interactive 2.0.1 (I know it's old) with a 60 MB Wangtek tape
drive. It works perfectly but the capacity is a little small so I'm
considering to upgrade to a 150 or a 500 MB Wangtek tape drive and an
Adaptec 1542 controller. The difference in price between the two drives is
not that large but although I'm reasonably sure that the 150 MB unit will
work under 2.0.1 I'm not sure if the 500 MB will work. In a couple of months
the system will be upgraded to SVR4. I would like to know if the 150 or 500
MB Wangtek tape drives will work under both Interactive 2.0.1 and SVR4.

Thanks,

Jean-Paul Smeets