Buying UNIX for a clone

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Sun Apr 28 14:33:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr28.022947.24970 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

>In regards to ESIX,
>I have heard stories of long waits getting to tech support, and getting
>support folks who don't know the answers and don't return phone calls.

Funny, I've heard the SAME thing regarding ISC :-)

I've never had a problem getting thru to Esix.  The folks there seem
interested and willing to help.  My gripe  is that they don't offer to
go off and research the problem.  The resolution ends when you hang up
the phone.

The one time I called ISC, they were unable to solve my problem.  The
person did call me back the next day, though, even though it was with
'we don't know what the problem is' ...

It is pretty tough to get "really good" tech support from any vendor.

--
bill at unixland.uucp                 The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix
...!uunet!think!unixland!bill