Buying UNIX for a clone

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sun Apr 28 23:02:39 AEST 1991

bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

>In article <1991Apr28.022947.24970 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:

>>In regards to ESIX,
>>I have heard stories of long waits getting to tech support, and getting
>>support folks who don't know the answers and don't return phone calls.

>Funny, I've heard the SAME thing regarding ISC :-)

Oh, I'm not saying the "grass is greener" with ISC.  I tried calling
Multiuser Systems (or whatever they call themselves these days - the
ISC distributor in Hollis, NH) and their support was the pits.

If I wanted support for ISC - I would sign up with ISC directly
(I'm not saying they are any better than the outfit in Hollis - since
I haven't delt with them.)

On the other hand, I have called Dell and talked to the engineers
doing the work.  There support is quite good, and my call's aren't
filtered through others.

Also, the net here is an excellent way for technical support since
many of us have been through situations and installation problems
that are of use to others.

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis