How to make a laserjet work with Xroff?

Richard Karasik richard at octel.UUCP
Mon Apr 1 06:25:29 AEST 1991

I've been trying to get xroff working with ISC - I know it can be
done but i'm stuck. the interface uses a program called utod which I can
find no documentation on after running man and RTFM'ing for 3 hours.
After playing keyboard for a bit -i found that utod can take a -z flag
which I tried and doesnt do what I need.

Problem is is that printing loses the l and i characters. Xroff
specifically says if that happens change the stty settings -etc etc.

In looking for a way to change "stty" settings for lpt1 I sort of approach
the ludicrous. So how do I make sure all 8 bits and proper post processing
happens in ISC unix?

It appears that utod is some sort of thing that copies unix files to dos
files -but what does it do next?

By the way why doesn't man -k work on ISC?

a   of my output comes out ook ng ke th s. Knd of advant guarde,
but  t  s d sconcert ng nonethe ess.

Thanks n advance for your he p.
R chard