The INfamous inode bug

Riccardo Pizzi pizzi at esacs.UUCP
Tue Jan 8 00:26:46 AEST 1991

>  The "in"famous inode-bug causes the OS to "lose" (ie. your inode count
>decreases without inodes being allocated) inodes at rather heavy inode
>deallocation/allocation circumstances. Specially this will pop up when
>processing USENET news. Sooner or later you'll be biten with this problem.
>The cure is to umount, fsck and mount the filesystem again.

Hmmm... I'm running ISC 2.2 from 3 month now (I've ran 2.0.2 for about
one year without problems) and I'm spooling a *lot* of news every night
(about 1,5-2 Mb).
I didn't notice anything strange with my filesystem.
Are you sure it was not a problem with your hw?

Rick
--
Riccardo Pizzi @ ESA Software, Rimini, ITALY
e-mail: pizzi%esacs at relay.EU.NET -or- root at xtc.SUBLINK.ORG