CDROM drivers for ISC?

Henry Farber farber at athena.mit.edu
Thu Jan 17 01:10:59 AEST 1991

I would like to use my cdrom drive (Amdek Laserdrive-1 made by Hitachi)
with my unix system.  I am currently using it on a DOS machine, but all
my real work is done on the unix system.  My unix system is

386-25 generic motherboard (TPE), 16MBytes RAM
Maxtor 4380 ESDI drive
ISC 386/ix 2.0.2

My question is whether and where there exist unix drivers for the cdrom
drive, and, if so, whether I can access the data on the cdrom both from
unix directly and using vpix (to use the MSDOS data access software that
often comes with the cdrom's).

Feel free to reply by email to farber at dolphin.mit.edu.  I will post a
summary if there is sufficient interest.  Thanks in advance for your
help.

Hank Farber.