Sound driver ?

Paul Guthrie pdg at chinet.chi.il.us
Mon Jan 28 16:57:29 AEST 1991

In article <9101261221.AA11029 at iecc.cambridge.ma.us> johnl at iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:
>Shameless plug:  The Norton Utilities for Unix include, along with all the
>useful stuff, a program that plays tones on the speaker, specified either
>as frequency and duration or as musical notes.  The new version even has
>a speaker kernel driver for SCO.

I just wish that the companies doing this package for Norton could
get the Unerase capability working as well as the speaker.  We went
from 2 filesystems running this on an ISC system to taking it
off altogether because of kernal panics and hangs directly
attributable to this package, and then the same on AT&T Unix.
The same story from two other local sites.  It is completely
unusable.  So, if you want to pay the money for a nice system
that plays pretty tunes, be my guest, even though there was one
for free posted to the net not that long ago.
Disclaimer.... we got it as soon as it came out.  It may have
been improved by now... although I doubt it as I asked the person
I reported the bugs to (he said at least one was known) to let
me know when they were fixed and I have yet to hear back.
--
Paul Guthrie
chinet!nsacray!paul or pdg at balr.com or attmail!balr!pdg