The INfamous inode bug

Denis Fortin fortin at zap.uucp
Tue Jan 8 15:40:07 AEST 1991

In article <652 at chiton.ucsd.edu> dorman at chiton.ucsd.edu (Leroy M. Dorman) writes:
>In article <5685 at rsiatl.Dixie.Com>, jgd at Dixie.Com (John G. DeArmond) writes:
>> pizzi at esacs.UUCP (Riccardo Pizzi) writes:
>> >Hmmm... I'm running ISC 2.2 from 3 month now [...] I didn't notice anything
>> >strange with my filesystem. Are you sure it was not a problem with your hw?
>>
>> [inode bug bites us a couple of times a week]
>> John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
>
>There are other things which can look like the "inode bug". [...]

Nah...  It's *the bug*!  I used to be bitten by the "infamous inode
bug" on System V/AT about once a week, so after I upgraded to ISC
2.0.2 and I realized that that old "friend" was still in there, I
applied the binary patch and have been living happily ever since...

--
Denis Fortin, DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301 (All of these opinions are my own)
fortin at zap.uucp   uunet!sobeco!zap!fortin   fortin%zap at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu