Unix Support or lack thereof (Re: '386 Unix Wars)

David Freidlander david at ctr.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 4 00:02:24 AEST 1991

I've been reading this flame war for a few days now, and just think
out of fairness, I should put in this plug:

I've been USING and DEVELOPING ON (and on rare occasion, selling and
installing) Interactive Unix, from 1.0.6 to 2.2.2.  I've run into some
problems, but my experience with their support has been excellent.
Live people answer the telephones on their 800 number quickly, they
know (or can quickly look up) the answer, if they say they'll call
back, they DO; they've spent all the time I've ever needed and SOLVED
problems, both tekky and stupid.

Now, perhaps this has to do with the office I'm dealing with, the one
in New Hampshire.  This office just split from Interactive Systems and
made some deal where they are selling the system, but are a  new
company called MultiUser Systems.  I really can't believe I'm dealing
with the same folks some of the flamers are talking about.

David Friedlander