Help with TCP/IP startup errors

Wu Liu wul at sco.COM
Sun Jun 16 09:39:54 AEST 1991

/--rcutler at axion.bt.co.uk said...
| Can anybody give me some help in trying to work out what's going wrong
| when my system starts up ?
|
| I am running SCO unix 3.2v2.0 on a 386 box with a Western Digital 8003E
| ethernet card. After problems installing the ethernet card, I can now get the
| system to admit that the card is present, using IRQ 3, and base address 0x0240.
|
| When the system comes up into multi-user mode, error messages are displayed
| when TCP is started.
| Here's a transcript of what happens:
|
| Starting TCP: cpd slink: register: activation state mismatch
|
| [ rest of article deleted ]
\--

This is your problem right here.  The activation state of TCP must
match that of your OS, or TCP will fail to start properly.  Either
your OS is multiuser and you serialized TCP to be limited
functionality, or your OS is two-user and TCP is unlimited.
--
Wu Liu -- Member, Technical Staff       The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.
UUCP:      ...!uunet!sco!wul            400 Encinal St.