Performance of 80486 based machines running Unix

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sun Jun 23 15:16:31 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun22.064103.15333 at leland.Stanford.EDU> fangchin at leland.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang) writes:
>As most readers of this group know, you can run 386 Unix with X11R4 on
>top in 8 megs quite comfortably, at least when there is only one user

and you're not running Motif.  I had my first close encounter with Motif
last week, and was appalled to see one xterm and one Motif demo start an
8 meg system swapping.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)