Docs for Dell V4 Upgrade

Steve Blair sblair at upurbmw.dell.com
Mon Jun 24 23:57:42 AEST 1991

In article <91174.005932SAACC at CUNYVM.BITNET>, SAACC at CUNYVM.BITNET (Shermane Austin) writes:
|> A friend of mine is upgrading from Dell's VR3 to 4. She was told that NO
|> documentation comes with the software. I thought that the basic system
|> installation/setup stuff is included and the rest of the documentation,
|> e.g. sys admin, x, etc. must be purchased separately (from Prentice Hall)
|>
|> Would appreciate info on:
|>    1. what docs come with upgrade
|>    2. are online man pages included

The following documentation comes with DELL V.4:

1) Working with DELL UNIX System V Release 4.0: This guide walks
one through installation, and customization of your new machine/
OS. It has sections in it on SLIP, DOS/Merge(albiet limited) setting
up UUCP, net news, X windows, and other topics. It is a specific
document for our version/release of the operating system.

If a purchaser wants more manuals, they can get them from us, or a quality
bookstore. We resell the Prentice Hall/AT&T SVR4 docs, and have a huge
list of them available. You can ask a DELL Sales rep for more information.

2) Online manual pages: (1) come at no extra charge(same as #1 above),
and they have public domain(X, Elm, etc) manual pages also included in
them. They are normal SYS-V formatted docs, and you can read them
via conventional things such as man or help....

Steve Blair	DELL	UNIX	DIVISION sblair at upurbmw.dell.com