Secondary Adaptec SCSI controller on ISC v2.2

Ralf Gans rpg at rcc.de
Wed Jun 19 19:19:56 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun9.181922.25392 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:
>I recently purchased a secondary Adaptec 1540B (no floppy) controller for my
>386/25MHz machine to attach an Archive Viper 150S to for backups.
>
>After installing all of the hardware into this already running machine, I
>rebuilt the kernel after configuring the HPDD under kconfig, option 8. Now,
>when I boot the machine, it gives "Booting the UNIX system...." and hangs.

The AHA1540B Bios supports a single location for I/O, i.e. 330H.
To use a second Controler, you have to get a changed BIOS from
Adaptec (or from your dealer).
Than you have to activate bouth cards with Bios on differend addresses.
(SORRY, BUT THIS IS NOT TESTED!)

BUT:
Why do you need a second controler, you have only THREE devices?
In my opinion, you simly have to get a new cable.(?)

I hope this could help.
CU
Ralf

--

      Ralf P. Gans 	 		Voice:	+49 2101 44 05-82
 roka Computer Consult GmbH    		Fax:	+49 2102 44 05-66
     D-4030 Ratingen			Mail:	rpg at rcc.de