More than 32 serial ports on one board

Bruce Ginn bginn at crash.cts.com
Sun Jun 16 03:42:19 AEST 1991

In <28561A25.44D1 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:

>I have an application where I need to install 48, possibly more, serial
>ports on an ESIX R4 machine. Presently we are looking at the schemes
>that have one to four lines coming out of the AT-bus card, each running
>to a multiplexer block with 8-24 ports. At least eight ports require
>full modem control with hardware handshake, and I need to use RJ-45
>connectors in order to reducde wiring headaches.

>The boards being considered are:

>Equinox Megaplex;
>Corollory 8x4;
>Digiboard Digichannel PC/16.
>stack up against each other in cost, performance and reliability.

I've found that after evaluating all of the above (and then some)
that the Corollary 8x4 solution offers the best *most* reliable
system.  This is for several reasons such as addressability,
the ability to map the memory addresses above 16MB region and just
downright reliable.  Another item that might be of help is if you
are intending to implement pass-thru printing on your system.
Corollary handles it *much* better than anyone else.  (this can save
$$ weve found).

Corollary tipically costs a little more but is worth it! (less grief.)
If you need any more help or have any more questions, please send me
some mail. I would be more than happy to answer them.

Bruce

>Thank you.
You're welcome.

E-mail: ..!crash!bginn