Problems enabling XQUEKEYBOARD and XQUEMOUSE with X386

Hongjiu Lu hlu at yoda.eecs.wsu.edu
Fri Jun 7 10:41:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun6.192526.17075 at cbfsb.att.com> dab at cbnewsb.cb.att.com (david.a.berk) writes:
>I've been trying to get Thomas Roell's version to run on a 386 running
>AT&T Sytem V.3.2.3.  (I'm using his ready made binaries).  The problem
>is that when I insert the line -

>primary xquekeyboard xquemouse
>
>in my Xconfig file and fire up X386 it complains with -

>Configuration Error: /usr/lib/X11/X386/Xconfig:33
>
>xquekeyboard
>^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>Keyword expected
>Bus error - core dumped
>

>My guess is that these binaries are not tweaked for XQUE.   Can anyone confirm
>or deny this ?

You are right!

>If anyone has compiled X386 for AT&T unix would they be willing to share it
>with me ?

I compiled X386 1.1b for AT&T UNIX SVR3.2.2. I have two versions, one
with local connection only, another with the TWG TCP/IP version 3.0. The
first one works with the binaries of the clients and libraries by Thomas
Roell. The one with TCP/IP has to use the binaries complied together
with the server. If you are interested, please let me know.

>Thanks;
>
>Dave Berk
>AT&T Bell Labs
>..!att!emdbl1!dab

H.J. Lu
Department of EECS			Internet: hlu at eecs.wsu.edu
Washington State University		BITNET:   60935893 at WSUVM1.BITNET
Pullman, WA 99164			Phone:    (509) 335-6470 (O)
USA						  (509) 334-6315 (H)