Graphics from SCO Unix

M.T.Paley mtp at ukc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 23:04:14 AEST 1991

Hello,
	I have the latest version of SCO Unix running on a 486 box with
SVGA graphics ( an Orchid ProDesigner II with 1 Mb RAM).  Recently
I have been trying to get it to display some graphics but this seems
unreasonably difficult.  The options I know of are:

	1 ) Use the CGI Graphics routines that came with the system.
		This would be very easy but it does not cope with SVGA, in
		fact I am not even sure if it copes with normal VGA.

	2 ) Use X11R4 from uunet.
		This would work but I am not keen on using half my hard disk
		and all my RAM just to be able to display images.

Does anyone know of another option?  It is ludicrous that a system
costing thousands of pounds is not able to display images at 800 by 600
in 8 bit colour when the graphics card is capable of almost double that.

While I am here, Is there any way of allowing a fast 486 to boot SCO
unix without slowing the clock down to 8 MHz then back up to 25 ?

	Matthew
--
Matthew Paley, Space Science, Physics Lab, The University, Canterbury CT2 7NR
  \|/  Phone: 0227 764000 ext 3834		Fax: 0227 762616