vi and rlogin

Diana Koehler koe at kivax.UUCP
Wed Jun 12 16:25:58 AEST 1991

jim at tiamat.fsc.com ( IT Manager) writes:

>I remember seeing something about this once, so I checked the FAQ and
>it wasn't there, so I'll ask again.

>When using "vi" under SCO Unix (or Xenix) after making a "rlogin"
>connection (i.e. the SCO box is the remote machine), using the arrow
>keys is a pain.  I know that running "stty min 3 time 10" helps
>make the problem go away, but I can't figure out how to get "vi" to
>honor the changes.

Within vi or within .exrc or .vimakros you have to set:

             set notimeout

Then the arrow keys work.

Diana

Diana Koehler                     Tel.:   +49 7721 867034
Digital Kienzle Computersysteme
Abt. 011.2                        e-mail: koe at kivax.UUCP
Postfach 1660                             ..!mcsun!unido!kivax!koe
D-7730 VS-Villingen                       ..!uunet!unido!kivax!koe