vi and rlogin

Chris Durham chrisdu at sco.COM
Sat Jun 8 07:03:35 AEST 1991

In article <17523 at scorn.sco.COM> timr at sco.COM (Tim Ruckle) writes:
:
:In article <852 at tiamat.fsc.com> jim at tiamat.fsc.com ( IT Manager) writes:
:} When using "vi" under SCO Unix (or Xenix) after making a "rlogin"
:>} connection (i.e. the SCO box is the remote machine), using the arrow
:>} keys is a pain.  I know that running "stty min 3 time 10" helps
:>} make the problem go away, but I can't figure out how to get "vi" to
:>} honor the changes.
:>
:>This is a known problem, and the easiest work-around is to use telnet
:>instead of rlogin.
:>

You can also use:

:set notimeout

in vi or in your .exrc

--
chris durham					chrisdu at sco.COM
Technical Support				...!{uunet,ucscc}!sco!chrisdu

"'cause you either live life, bruises, skinned knees and all, or you
turn your back on it and start dying.

			-Captain Christopher Pike, _Star Trek_ "The Cage"