How can I use limited interrupt vectors? (In English)

Kenji Okamoto okamoto at chigaku.souka.osakafu-u.ac.jp
Mon Jun 3 12:36:04 AEST 1991

My last question on this NG was responesed by many net-peoples by mail.
Thanks all of the gentlemen in this NG.

This is another problem for the Intel's UNIX SVR4.

I'm now installing Wnn, which is a server program to translate Kana input
to Kanji, and I heard it is attached on X-Windows.   This uses socket interface.
Intel's SVR4 requires to be installed an ethernet card prior to install
socket library.   I'm now planning to use Western Digital's 8003 type card.
According to the manual, it uses IRQ 3, which is already used by one of the
Port Monitor to communicate with a Japanese terminal.

If I added the ethernet car, should I stop to use this COM2?
Any other way to avoid this difficulty?  Or no problem?

thanks in advance,

ken     from Japan