Gcc 1.39 and X386 1.1b (and xfig 2.0 p10)

Tony Becker tony at mcrsys.UUCP
Sat Jun 29 22:59:31 AEST 1991

>From article <1991Jun27.173040.3890 at mav.com>, by stu at mav.com (Stu Donaldson):
> There is apparently a bug in how gcc is dealing with floating point.
> I had one earlier occasion using xeyes where it failed with a floating
> point exception when using gcc.
>
> So has anyone else seen this problem?  Is it possible that I have
> something wrong with my configuration?  When I made gcc, everything
> worked fine, and it passed the various tests that it came with.
>
> 	-- Stu --
> Stu Donaldson                   "Can't you understand what I'm saying?"
> stu at mav.com                     "What happened?  Did you Fail Telepathy?"

I am using gcc 1.39 and X11R4 on SVR4. mi code is not part of Roell's code.
I have seen an indication of floating point problems once, but I have had
a running server, and re-build many more over the last 6 months with no
problems. The one time I saw a floating point error was when I mixed cc and
gcc floating point code. So Don't. Make sure ALL code that uses floating
point is compiled and linked with gcc.

--
tony ,....